Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 | |


I got over my fear of writing a parody of literature versus actual literature and wrote a short story yesterday. The first, ever, eternally a one track slut for poetry. And now today I find that it took all my words away in a fantastic purge of the excess verbgrammerwords which normally float around my brain. Funny, always attributed wordlessness with block, with the negative. I suppose I never considered wordlessness as absolution.


- - -


|| Quand une idée se saisit trop de moi au milieu de la rue, je tombe. ||

When an idea grabs me in the middle of the street, I fall.
----
Marie-Henri Beyle,


- - -


|| Le langage est le seuil du silence que je ne puis franchir. Il est l'épreuve de l'infini. ||

Language is the threshold of silence that I cannot step across. It is the test of infinity.
----
Brice Parain


- - -


|| Imaginer c'est choisir. ||

To imagine is to choose.
__
Jean GIONO, Noé (Gallimard)


0 comments:

Post a Comment